HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[Slavery] Wiltshire vs. Grip - Discharged

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ecthelion
Student

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2005-12-16

PostSubject: [Slavery] Wiltshire vs. Grip - Discharged   Thu 9 Nov - 11:58

Lawsuit between Grip and Wiltshire

Grip was charged with commission of slavery.

The sentence has been passed
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been discharged.
This case is discharged. Grip cannot do anything to compensate the victim and it is a first offense.

Bill of indictment
The defendant is charged with Slavery-001-minimum wage in that he did hire Fragilty for 14 pounds. The evidence has been provided by Solumn and posted in the Wiltshire Inn for all to see.

First defence pleading
You honour, I have no plausible defense to offer apart from saying that this was an honest mistake on my part and I would not intentionally cheat anyone out of their due. I was in Barnstaple during the time of hiring and I admit it to be entirely my fault that I hired for the minimum wage in Barnstaple instead of my hometown of Bridgewater, out of confusion rather than out of malice.

I would be willing to compensate for hiring below the minimum wage for Wiltshire. I hired for 14p and i understand the current standard is 15p. However, having looked up the affected party, Fragility, I must say I do not believe my 1 pound worth of mistake caused his death. I am sorry for it though and I do present myself in front of this worthy court to decide over this.

Please do bear in mind while you pass your verdict that my past record is clean, I've never been known to hire below 16p. And also the case was filed on 18th of Oct, 7 days after Fragility died, I do not know if there is a requirement to warn the person transgressing the slavery law, but as a citizen of Wiltshire, I would request that people should not just look to get others prosecuted, I'm sure half of the time the transgression is an honest mistake (OOC: sometimes caused by mouse scrolls) so it would be courteous to send a warning mail before pressing charges because if I had received a friendly word telling me I was making a mistake, this would never have happened on my account. I would like to call mayor of Bridgewater, Myrnia, as my character witness. I thank the court for its time and await the verdict.

===========
Profile of Fragility
Born on the 09 October 2006

Last known address
County : Wiltshire
Town : Bridgewater
Fragility is DEAD.

Level : 0
Reputation Points : 1
Money : 69

Last connection the 11 October 2006 03h28

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honor,
Seeing that this is the defendant's first offense and hearing his testimony accepting blame plus the additional testimony and character reference from Myrnia, Mayor of Bridgewater, I would ask the court to exhibit leniency towards the defendant.

I would also like to point out that the victim, Fragility, has died since this incident. Records show that he was around for a few days after the incident but has not returned recently and has passed away. I do not believe that his being hired at a wage one pound lower than the minimum would have been the cause of his passing.

I also ask forgiveness from the court for accidentally calling Casperion for this case. It was an accident while I was filing cases.

Last defence pleading
I thank the Prosecutor was his understanding, and the worthy court for its time. I have nothing to add to my earlier statement.

The defence called Myrnia
His statement:
Your Honour, I want to introduce myself as Myrnia, Mayor of Bridgewater.
I am sure Grip did a mistake. He is a well known defender of rights and people and I am sure he wants the best for our Town, Country and for our people as well.
He was travelling for some time and this mistake is very easy to commit when someone is in differents Towns every day.
Grip choose our Town to live and we are very proud to have him as citizen. I can testify for his good character and for the great job he always do defending our Town and others - the reason of his constant travel - against the Criminals.
I thank the court for its time and ask for him to be discharged and to have the opportunity to compensate Fragility with the money she didnt receive at time.
Respectfully
Myrnia, Mayor of Bridgewater

The prosecutor called Solumn
His statement:
Your honor:
Due to recent minimum wage change, I pay more attention on jods annoucemnt board. On October 15 of this year, I check pass job contracts to see if any change in our town Bridgwater's economy but discover Grip breach our minimum wage law. According to town record, he hired Fragilty for 14 pounds in October 9 of this year.
Thanks for your time.
Solumn

The prosecutor called Casperion
His statement:
Dear Prosecutor, I believe I have been called in error to give evidence to this case. I did not, have not witnessed the slavery here recorded.

Daniel Casperion
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Slavery] Wiltshire vs. Grip - Discharged
Page 1 of 1