HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[Fraud] JedEr vs. Cornwall - Guilty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr. Rino
Student

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: [Fraud] JedEr vs. Cornwall - Guilty   Tue 30 Jan - 15:57

Lawsuit between JedEr and Cornwall

JedEr was charged with commission of fraud.

The sentence has been passed
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of fraud.
You have technically violated the pricing limitations aspect of the profiteering law. However, you have shown good will by removing all remaining pieces upon notification. The prosecution has asked for leniance.

I fine you the difference in value of the corn over the legal limit. In addition, you are obligated to pay 1 trust point to Thetus_maximus.
The defendant has been sentenced to 1 pound fine.

Bill of indictment
JedEr,
The town of Dartmouth has contacted me about a possible crime commited on your part. You are accused of breaking the law currently called Profiteering.
That law follows:"Chapter 4 - Profiteering

Anyone who sells bread above 8.75 or corn above 4.50 shall be guilty of profiteering. This does not include prearranged deals to give/loan a player money. The maximum punishment is 20+ any profit for a first offence, 50+ twice any profit or 2 days in gaol for a second offence and 100+ twice any profit plus 2 days in gaol for any subsequent offence. "

JedEr, you are said to have sold corn at the illegal price of 5.00 pounds, on the 4th day of October.
You are requested to respond to these charges.

You have the right to a lawyer to help you prepare a defense. If one is required, you may ask for one in the Lawyers office, or find one of you r own chosing. The Lawyers office is located:http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859

First defence pleading
what happened to the free market

Prosecutor indictment
The market is regulated by the law, to prevent the explotation of the newer members of our county. The price of 5.00 for a bag of corn is exploitation. The law is designed to help protect the innocent worker if there should be a shortage of food.

Thetus_maximus was doing a service by buying the corn. He was protecting the innocent should there be a shortage of food. The price should never exceed the legal limits, so as to prevent the required purchase of the overpriced corn in the event of a serious shortage.

Your honour, since the defendant has asmuch as admitted to the actions in question, the County asks for a reduced sentance. The county would be happy with an order to repay Thetus_Maximus, in cash and with a TP.
This county will not be so forgiving next time.

Last defence pleading
But there is no event of shortage at all, how can the power of the market be ruled out for no reason? Besides, thetus only bought one bag, the rest was pulled off the market after I was informed about the law, and put back on sale for a legal price.

The defence called WindWalker
His statement:
While I realize this violate a County Law, we (Dartmouth) attempt to contact offenders ingame since usually its a mistake - our 1st posted message regarding the illegal price was made Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:07 pm - yet the charge was entered 2006-10-06 - once notified (he read his mail the next day), he immediately pulled the 3 remaining corn and sold 2 of them at the price (27-09-2006 09:20 : You have bought from Arynna 4 corn bags for 3,50 pounds) he bought from (08-10-2006 04:30 : You have sold to Margery 1 corn bag for 3,50 pounds., 08-10-2006 12:20 : You have sold to Chilamacho 1 corn bag for 3,50 pounds) - he ate the other

He obvisouly broke the law (ignorance is not a defense) - but at least he ATTEMPTED to right the wrong - and he certainly misunderstood the FREE MARKET as posted by our Mayor.

While he needs to work on his communication skills, I would ask that the Court recognize that it was an HONEST mistake and that he attempted to atone for it ONCE he was aware of the transgression - it should also be noted that he bought the corn in error and tried to sow his wheat field with it after having changed his mind on the field type when leveling up....

The prosecutor called Thetus_maximus
His statement:
On the 4th of October I observed someone selling corn above the legal limit, at the rate of 5,00 lbs per bag. I purchased the corn myself to determine who was doing this. The event is listed below.
04-10-2006 20:50 : You have bought from JedEr 1 corn bag for 5,00 pounds.
Thetus_maximus
Minister of Law - Dartmouth
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Fraud] JedEr vs. Cornwall - Guilty
Page 1 of 1