HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[Slavery] Garrathe vs Wiltshire - Discharged

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: [Slavery] Garrathe vs Wiltshire - Discharged   Mon 2 Oct - 13:46

Lawsuit between Garrathe and Wiltshire

Garrathe was charged with commission of slavery.

The sentence has been passedStatement of accusation
The defendant has been discharged.
The public prosecutor has requested this case be discharged. I want to commend the work of all parties in reaching a successful mediation. Case dismissed.

Bill of indictment
The defendant is charged with Slavery-001-minimum wage in that he did hire Ghym for 12 pounds, 4 pounds under the legal minimum wage.

First defence pleading
If it my please the court, I woudl like to make my pleading.

Two days ago I made a mistake. In my attempt to hire someone to work with my cows, I posted a job with a ways that was not my intent. If the court may see my past hiring history, it would see that I pay 21 pounds for 19 skill points. I have never paid a wage for less than 20 since I was a level 1. I have two cow ranches and as such have to hire people frequently. I would humbly ask the court to talk to people in Bridgewater, to the couple dozen people I have hired. I would never if I had a breath to stop it, allow slavery to occur if I knew about it. I love this land and all of us workers in it. The charge of slavery is such a serious offense. I beg the court to talk to Ghym. As soon as I found out about the accident, I contacted him and told him I would make restituion as well as give him a trust point. He contacted me back saying he took the position to make sure I was prosecuted for the crime of slavery, yet after talking to me, he believed it was an accident and said he would speak in my behalf.

My honor and faith lies in the hands of the court. I do trust and hope my character will be seen in its true light.

Humbly,

Garrathe

Prosecutor indictment
Your Honor,

We requst you discharge this case in light that the defendant has made restitution to the victim and the victim wishs not to persue this matter. We believe the defendant made an honest mistake and has rectified it.

Last defence pleading
The defendant didn't present to the Court.

The defence called Ghym
His statement:
I have no further statements to make.

The prosecutor called Ruthen
His statement:
On the 14th of September, upon checking the town contract history, I noticed Garrathe had hired Ghym for 12 pounds. While probably a simple mistake on Garrathe's behalf, Ghym is a new player, and deserves compensation, thus I reported the matter to the prosecutor.

The prosecutor called Ghym
His statement:
Garrathe has given me a trust point and offered to pay me the 4 pounds that i was underpaid and more if i ask. I see his debt as fulfilled and do not wish to see him prosecuted further. If i have the right, i would like to drop the charges.

Close the window

[Slavery] Garrathe vs Wiltshire - Discharged
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archives of England :: Wiltshire County-
Jump to: