HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[Slavery] Samiek vs Cornwall - Guilty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: [Slavery] Samiek vs Cornwall - Guilty   Mon 2 Oct - 13:24

Lawsuit between Samiek and Cornwall

Samiek was charged with commission of slavery.

The sentence has been passedStatement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of slavery.
Samiek, you are hereby found guilty of two counts of slavery. Since this is your first time appearing before the court you will only be fined as a first offense. Be warned, the next offense will have a higher fine. The court also suggests that you lay your hands on a good translator. Court adjourned.
The defendant has been sentenced to 20 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
Samiek, you are accused of Slavery... You hired someone under the minimum allowed wage in Cornwall : 14 pounds.
here is the evidence:
03/09 13:23 : Samiek hires Valdas for 12,00 pounds .

Despite a first warning of Sir Nogwa, you repeated the offense 2 days in a row. Consequently, now face the Justice.

Accordging to our laws, you have the right to a lawyer. If you don't have one, you canfind help here:
http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859

First defence pleading
The defendant didn't present to the Court.

Prosecutor indictment

Last defence pleading

The prosecutor called Nogwa
His statement:
Thank you, your honor for letting me take the stand here at this county court. On Monday, september the 3th I noticed a peasant named Valdas working at Samiek his wheat field, I was informed that he only would receive 12 for this hard work. Knowing this, I wrote a letter to Samiek stating that what he was doing was illegal in the county of Cornwall. I informed him of our min. wage law that states one has to offer at least 14 for a workday.

He send me the following letter:

[Copy of the letter written by Samiek and send on that same day.]

sorry it is a mistake.
ca ne se reproduira plus !

[End of letter]

I know a bit of french and will translate it here for you:
Sorry it's a mistake, and it will not happen anymore. However, the next day I was walking passed his field again and I noticed a sign that stated he was hiring another worker, with the following promised wage: 12

Luckily he hasn't hired anyone yet at this moment, but nonetheless he's making an attempt to break our Cornish laws after being informed what the law about min. wage is.

I hope I have given the court sufficient information.

Close the window

[Slavery] Samiek vs Cornwall - Guilty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archives of England :: Cornwall County-
Jump to: