HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[Slavery] Parabellum vs Barnstaple - Guilty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: [Slavery] Parabellum vs Barnstaple - Guilty   Mon 4 Sep - 15:19

Lawsuit between Parabellum and the town of

Parabellum was charged with commission of slavery.

The sentence has been passedStatement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of slavery.
This court finds you guilty in the case Parabellum vs Barnstaple. For hiring under the minimum wage you are guilty of slavery. You receive a 5 pounds fine and the obligationto give to the victims(Allex6x6,Betta) a trust point
The defendant has been sentenced to 5 pounds fine.

Bill of indictment
I was informed about one of the acts the last one in the list to be exact. as i was verifying it i saw that today the Defendent has also hired 2 civilians of Barnstaple for slavery prices.
Scence Minimum Wage in Cornwall is 16 pounds. and that has been stated on the Mayor message in Barnstaple. it is My duty as mayor to file charges against the defendant.

The Evidence:
07/08 19:43 : Parabellum hires Allex6x6 for 12,00 pounds
07/08 17:23 : Parabellum hires Betta for 12,00 pounds

and

Parabellum is wanting a worker to sow a wheat field. Skills required : 19 Intelligence Points, Wages: 15,00 pounds

First defence pleading
I plead guilty to the charge of slavery. Yesterday I was nearly out of money and I had my wheat fields to be plowed and sown. I had already delayed those actions with one day because I was out of money (wheat sells very hard in our town, and as soon as I can I'm switching), and yesterday I had enough of it. You have to know I work full time and have a family to look out for in real life, it's impossible for a player like me to keep up with the forum and new rules every day. I am glad when I can log in once or twice a day for a few minutes. I was aware there was a minimum wage but just didn't think about it when I offered the jobs. Offering 12 pounds was the only way to be able to have both actions done and to be able to eat that day. So yes, that's a big mistake of mine which I am more than willing to compensate the victims for. Today I had some more money because at last some wheat was sold and I offered 15 pounds for the work. Again, I really didn't think about the slavery laws because the county only offers 15 dollars for a day of work. I usually work for the county because I don't have time to wait for job offers myself. I find it quite ironic that the county is offering less than minimum wage itself, but again I'm sorry to have broken the rule and willing to compensate for what I have done. I do hope, your honor, that you understand that my intent was not malicious. When you look into the archives you can see I've hired people for 18 pounds as well. When I have money, I pay well. I hope you take these arguements into account when determining the sentence.

Prosecutor indictment
As the defence has pled guilty and has offered to compensate the slavery victims. I ask that this court be liniant with the defendant and just order a full compensation to all 3 of the victims.

Last defence pleading
I hope the court will follow the sentence of the prosecutor. I am now offering a job above the minimum wage and intend to do so in the future too.

Close the window

[Slavery] Parabellum vs Barnstaple - Guilty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archives of England :: Cornwall County-
Jump to: