HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[Slavery] Yablos vs Cornwall - Discharged

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: [Slavery] Yablos vs Cornwall - Discharged   Mon 4 Sep - 15:17

Lawsuit between Yablos and Cornwall

Yablos was charged with commission of slavery.

The sentence has been passedStatement of accusation
The defendant has been discharged.
This court finds you guilty in the case Yablos vs Cornwall. For hiring under the minimum wage you are guilty of slavery, but because you gave money to the victim you will receive only the obligation to give to the victim(Salient ) a trust point

Bill of indictment
Yablos, you are accused of Slavery... you hired someone under the minimum allowed wage of Cornwall which is 16 pounds
here is the evidence:

04/08 07:43 : Yablos hires Salient for 15,00 pounds

Accordging to our laws, you have the right to a lawyer. If you don't have one, you canfind help here:
http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=12859

First defence pleading
This was a protest against the new law, however the person hired recieved 15.95 for a wood bushel in effect paying the individual (Salient) more then 26 pounds effectively for unskilled labour, most generous in anyones eyes. Futhermore it has come to my attention under http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=9466
Chapter 5, highlighted in red (not by me) at the time of commencement of this case and all other slavery cases that this law in fact no longer exists.

Prosecutor indictment
As it seems this job was an agreement between the worker and the owner, we can consider this as a private contract.
Moreover your arguments are valid, the law changes was stated in some threads but not in the Officials Laws published in the Inn. So the prosecution gave up the charge of Slavery.
Because you claim that what you did was a protest act, the charge is changed to Public disorder.

I recommand the Jury to take in consideration the civil disobedience as positive factor in this particular case and only sentence the defendant to a symbolic fine for administrative costs and procedure rights...

Last defence pleading
The defence rests on the Slavery case. The charge of Public Disorder i am unclear on as i cannot find a law relating published, this could be my own oversight. However my actions hurt noone, nor did they hurt the county or my beloved town. As stated in the forums pointed out by Waldo (not sure what evidence he entered as a witness) this was a symbolic gesture and i feel the right to protest should not be taken away. I think the best thing here is for this case to be dismissed and everyone continue there lives. My point has well and truly been made.

The defence called Salient

The defence called LeonardWashington
His statement:
I thought I already imput my statement, but I guess I'll try to recreate it.

I can vouch for Yablos that he did go out of his way to make sure that Salient was not harmed with the lower wage. In fact, Salient did make more money that day because he took that job and Yablos didn't want to hurt him.

Because the minimum wage was implemented to protect level 0's and Yablos didn't harm any level 0, I find that he shouldn't be monetarily penalized for that.

On the count of disobeying county laws however, I find that this is unjustifiable. Civil disobedience comes with a price, and one that I beleive Yablos should pay. I don't beleive this penalty for breaking county law should be monetary however, rather, I wish his penalty to be rp. A monetary penalty would not help as much as a fine that forced him to put something in his signature, or him to publicly announce his wrongs against the county, and to publicly apologize.

We must make sure that county laws are upholded. That is what is at case today. To fix this problem, we must approach the solution in a different manner.

The prosecutor called Waldo
His statement:
While I am glad Yablos tried to ensure salient was not harmed by his actions, he definitely intended and admitted that his intentions were to subvert our laws and create a reputation for lawlessness in out town.
Civil disobedience comes with a cost. He admits to being guilty.
Lastly this argument of selling wood at the same time as hiring is irrelevant. There is no loop hole or side stepping here - he clearly posted in the forums he would break our laws and then did so.

Close the window

[Slavery] Yablos vs Cornwall - Discharged
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archives of England :: Cornwall County-
Jump to: