HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[Slavery] Malachyte vs Sussex - Guilty (20/6/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: [Slavery] Malachyte vs Sussex - Guilty (20/6/06)   Thu 22 Jun - 16:33

Bill of indictment wrote:
You are being charged with slavery.
You have hired a worker below the minimum wage and have been notified of your mistake and have disregarded the letter and again hired a person under the required minimum wage.

First defence pleading wrote:
umm...i guess guilty?

i notice that usually important things here are highlighted in red like when i'm hungry, not working, and wouldn't you know, when i'm prosecuted. I think that if mail got highlighted the same way then i would have actually seen and read the first warning.

Also, since i didn't know i needed a corn bag to sow a field, Altuss got to sit on his butt the first day and probably got a good tan out of it. That's more like a paid vacation than slavery. Why is this slavery anyhow? it's not like i hunted these folks down and chained them to my field. They signed up and made a mistake working for 4 pounds or so less than they could have for the county. I lost 12 pounds learning about the corn bag, almost bankrupted myself trying to pick fruit, then buying expensive food because i couldn't find bread on the market only then to finally figure out that there's a player market with lots of bread. It costs money to learn how things work. They've lots some and i've lost some, but we're all learning.

That's my 2 bits.

Prosecutor indictment wrote:
The defendant didn't present to the Court.

Last defence pleading wrote:
The defendant didn't present to the Court.

Wyn (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
(this is a duplicate of the first testimony, apparently the interface doesn't like it when there is a mistake in calling the witness...)

I am a citizen of Arundel, and a witness to the defendant hiring workers for his farm below the minimum wage on three occasions:
05/06 10:03 : Malachyte hires Kamensky for 12,00 pounds
30/05 11:23 : Malachyte hires Altuss for 12,00 pounds
29/05 12:03 : Malachyte hires Altuss for 12,00 pounds
(These breaches of the law are still visible on the town hall poster of jobs)

When the first offense occured, I sent a letter to the defendant, explaining the breach of the law, and how he could compensate the victim.
I never got any reply, and as it happens, the defendant has gone on hiring people for what he knew were unlawful amounts on two other occasions.
The letter I sent him is the following:

[begin letter]
Hello,

My name is Wyn. I'm writing this letter to you because I noticed that you've been hiring someone to work on your farm for 12.00 pounds.

You may not be aware of this, but you're in violation of the Slavery law valid in all of Sussex. This law states that the minimum wage for hiring someone, no matter what the characteristics you require, is 16.00 pounds.

To hire someone for wages inferior to 16.00 pounds constitutes a criminal offense.

You should compensate the person you hired by giving him/her a trust point at least.
I hope you rectify the mistake, and will be careful to hire at lawful wages from now on. Please, respond to this mail once you have given the person you hired a trust point in compensation.

If I get no feedback from you on this, beware that there is a judicial institution in Sussex, and that this breach of the law will be prosecuted.

You can find the laws of Sussex in the forum here:
http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=1498

I advise you to register there, and to spend some time in the forums. They contain a wealth of information, and you can also ask question and find people to help you out.

Please, do not forget to respond to this letter.

Thanks for your attention,

Wyn, Judge of Sussex County.
[end letter]

Wyn (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
I am a citizen of Arundel, and a witness to the defendant hiring workers for his farm below the minimum wage on three occasions:
05/06 10:03 : Malachyte hires Kamensky for 12,00 pounds
30/05 11:23 : Malachyte hires Altuss for 12,00 pounds
29/05 12:03 : Malachyte hires Altuss for 12,00 pounds
(These breaches of the law are still visible on the town hall poster of jobs)

When the first offense occured, I sent a letter to the defendant, explaining the breach of the law, and how he could compensate the victim.
I never got any reply, and as it happens, the defendant has gone on hiring people for what he knew were unlawful amounts on two other occasions.
The letter I sent him is the following:

[begin letter]
Hello,

My name is Wyn. I'm writing this letter to you because I noticed that you've been hiring someone to work on your farm for 12.00 pounds.

You may not be aware of this, but you're in violation of the Slavery law valid in all of Sussex. This law states that the minimum wage for hiring someone, no matter what the characteristics you require, is 16.00 pounds.

To hire someone for wages inferior to 16.00 pounds constitutes a criminal offense.

You should compensate the person you hired by giving him/her a trust point at least.
I hope you rectify the mistake, and will be careful to hire at lawful wages from now on. Please, respond to this mail once you have given the person you hired a trust point in compensation.

If I get no feedback from you on this, beware that there is a judicial institution in Sussex, and that this breach of the law will be prosecuted.

You can find the laws of Sussex in the forum here:
http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=1498

I advise you to register there, and to spend some time in the forums. They contain a wealth of information, and you can also ask question and find people to help you out.

Please, do not forget to respond to this letter.

Thanks for your attention,

Wyn, Judge of Sussex County.
[end letter]

Sentence wrote:
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of slavery.
Yet another case of ignorance. The plea is registered as guilty by ignorance, therefore I make sure that the net result is a loss. Should you be seen in this court again for the same offense, Malachyte, the penalties shall be less lenient.
The defendant has been sentenced to 13 pounds fine.

Case judged by Shaitan

[Slavery] Malachyte vs Sussex - Guilty (20/6/06)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archives of England :: Sussex County-
Jump to: