HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[Slavery] Eino vs Cornwall - Guilty (6/6/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: [Slavery] Eino vs Cornwall - Guilty (6/6/06)   Wed 7 Jun - 3:03

Bill of indictment wrote:
On May 31, 1454, Eino hired Grof21 at 12 pounds. This is 4 pounds under the minimum wage of the time!

In order to peacefully resolve this, Ailyta, police officer of Plymouth, contacted Eino, to let him know that this was unacceptable. She received no reply. She tried again; again, no reply. After 5 days of no reply, we are here in court.

The time has come for the defendant to pay for his crime. There are many witnesses, including Ailyta and myself. I will show that the defendant committed the crime and had ample time to compensate his victim.

The proof is located here (close up view): http://methos.250x.com/eino2.jpg . The entire screen is located here: http://methos.250x.com/eino.jpg

Thank you,

First defence pleading wrote:
Yes did do it.But i had no idea that the minum wage was 16.please forgive. i can't read the law everytime i tried it did not appear. Grof21 didn't either know about it and now he want's me to be punisht. Why should just i be punished if we both made a mistake?

Prosecutor indictment wrote:
Your honor, ignorance of the law is no excuse. Grof21 did not commit the crime, Eino did.

I direct your attention the fact that Ailyta contacted him, trying to reolve this peacefully. The defendant had ample opportunity to absolve himself. Only now, in court, has he acted as if he did not know. The bottom line is that he did the crime, and had no intention of fixing it.

Now that the defendant has admitted his guilt in front of the court, there is noting else to say. he is an admitted slaver, and I hope you will not go lightly on him.

Last defence pleading wrote:
But i confessed. shouldn't i get away with a minor penalty.And i'm new at this i didn't know!

Ailyta (called by the prosecutor) wrote:

Grof21 (called by the prosecutor) wrote:
on may 31 1454 i had no work nor the money and only job that was available, was te one that Eino offered. I took the job, not knowingly that that the minimal wager was 16 pounds.... after few days i saw the that rule and i want Eino to be punished for slavery.. May the justice be served!

Grof21

uzeo sam posao ne znajuci da je minimalna zarada 16 funti.. tek kasnije kad sam uvideo pravila zelim da tuzim Eino-a za ropstvo. Nek pravda bude zadovoljena

Sentence wrote:
Statement of accusation
The defendant has been proved guilty of slavery.
This court finds Eino guilty in the case of Eino vs Cornwall. Although you say that you couldnt read the laws, the are also posted in the forums of every town. As this is a first offense this court will only fine you 4 pounds the amount you didnt give to Grof21 and you will also have to give Grof21 a trust point. "Court is now dismissed"
The defendant has been sentenced to 4 pounds fine.

Case judged by Nightbliss

[Slavery] Eino vs Cornwall - Guilty (6/6/06)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archives of England :: Cornwall County-
Jump to: