HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Herald (21/02/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: The Herald (21/02/06)   Thu 23 Feb - 3:16

The HERALD

Good Morning! Today is, Sunday February 19th, 1454
Edition XVIII

LOCAL NEWS

Politically correct changes to the laws of sussex
ex Council spokeperson Anto Capone wrote:
2 updates to laws, the language law and the law on profiteering.

Quote :
The Official language

The official language of our Kingdom is English.
All other languages are prohibited.

The first two times someone is seen/heard speaking a language other than English (on the official forum) will receive a warning by mail (in game) and his/her post will be deleted.
If two warnings are not sufficient, the accused will be put in trial and will have to pay a fine in relation to his/her level...

Level 0 : 10 pounds
Level 1 : 30 pounds
Level 2 : 50 pounds
Quote :
The Official language

The official language of our Kingdom is English.
All other languages are prohibited.

The first two times someone is seen/heard speaking a language other than English (on the official forum) will receive a warning by mail (in game) and his/her post will be deleted.
If two warnings are not sufficient, the accused will be put in trial and will have to pay a fine in relation to his/her level...

Level 0 : 10 pounds
Level 1 : 30 pounds
Level 2 : 50 pounds
Level 3 : 70 pounds
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yea: 10 (baiboe, anto_capone, lady vaness, harald jarl, teignat, sadowa, kulles, Zerostar, thelastdhali, nordicnorn)
Nea: 1 (zymurge)
Abstain: 0 ()

Quote :
Profiteering

Whosoever shall profiteer at the expense of another, sustenance foods (defined as bread and corn), at an inflated price shall be charged with the crime of Profiteering and shall face a competent tribunal appointed by The Countess, representing His Majesty the King.
This is a reprehensible crime that preys on the poor souls who toil for their days wages. The offender shall be given one warning to re-price his/her product. If the accused does not respond, they will be charged with profiteering. If found guilty the accused shall pay a heavy fine not less than double of the amount profited over the lowest recommended selling price (bread price – 6.00 X 2 X # of loaves sold). A second offence shall be triple the amount profited. A third offence will result in imprisonment for not less than two days.
  • Bread shall be sold at
    • Recommended selling price: 6-7.50pounds
    • High selling price: 7.50-8.75 pounds
    • Criminal offence price: 9.50 or higher

• Corn shall be sold at
    • Recommended selling price: 4.00 -4.25 pounds
    • High selling price: 4.25 – 4.50 pounds
    • Criminal offence price: 5 pound or higher
Quote :
Profiteering

Whosoever shall profiteer at the expense of another, sustenance foods (defined as bread and corn), at an inflated price shall be charged with the crime of Profiteering and shall face a competent tribunal appointed by The Count(ess), representing His Majesty the King.
This is a reprehensible crime that preys on the poor souls who toil for their days wages. The offender shall be given one warning to re-price his/her product. If the accused does not respond, they will be charged with profiteering. If found guilty the accused shall pay a heavy fine not less than double of the amount profited over the lowest recommended selling price (bread price – 6.00 X 2 X # of loaves sold). A second offence shall be triple the amount profited. A third offence will result in imprisonment for not less than two days.
  • Bread shall be sold at
    • Recommended selling price: 6.00 - 7.50 pounds
    • High selling price: 7.50 - 9.00 pounds
    • Criminal offence price: 9.50 pounds or higher

• Corn shall be sold at
    • Recommended selling price: 3.50 - 4.00 pounds
    • High selling price: 4.00 – 4.50 pounds
    • Criminal offence price: 5.00 pounds or higher
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yea: 8 (baiboe, anto_capone, lady vaness, kulles, teignat, Zerostar, Nordicnorn, thelastdhali)
Nea: 1 (harald jarl)
Abstain: 1 (zymurge)

William Sharks was seen on one knee, professing his eternal love for Judge Nordic in the Sussex Tavern. Sharks, a Loyal French Soldier and a member of CUE, stated publicly that he would stay here in England for the love of Nordic.
Witnesses said that the relationship began during a long-time correspondence between them while William was away at war - fighting in France against the rebels. Rhiannon, a forst hand witness to the event, called it "the most romantic thing she had ever seen."
The public statement of love came after Sharks overheard Brrexkl call him a coward for not staying in England for Nordic's love.
Nordic accepted his promise and they were seen leaving the tavern after a long (and very public) kiss.
There has been no announcement of a wedding-- simply a "promise".

A bystander who wished to remain anonymous walked in on a bar fight in the Wild Pony Tavern in Wnchester, Wiltshire. After the events, the witness discovered that it was started as a lesson in the English style of fighting for BrianDuffy, who was used to the brawling Irish style. As can be seen by the record, the lesson did not work very well due to alcohol consumption.

Quote :
BrianDuffy smacks Thobias.
Chinahero smacks Thobias.
BridgetDuffy : *drags Brian to the corner where he'll be safe.*
Thobias smacks Duffy.
BrianDuffy : *charges in screaming Gaelic warcries and wielding a stine
BrianDuffy smacks a wall.
Chinahero smacks BrianDuffy.
BridgetDuffy : (translation = ouch)
BrianDuffy smacks a table.
Chinahero pays his round.
BrianDuffy smacks himself.
BridgetDuffy : *drags Brian out of the tavern by his hair*
BrianDuffy : *falls over unconsious*
Chinahero : LOL Thobias : hahahaHAHAHAHA!
BrianDuffy : Never try to beat up a Celt!

WEATHER

Political

Shaitan has been elected mayor of Canterbury.
Butchy had the lead after one round of votes, but now Shaitan has the lead, and the polls have closed.
Quote :
Shaitan has been elected mayor of Canterbury.

1. Shaitan : 51.4%
2. Butchy : 48.6%

Elections to the Council of Sussex : OPE/Zulu has won with a relative majority
Quote :

THe new council members are :
1 : Teignat (OPE/Zulu) - Trade Minister
2 : Tetsu (OPE/Zulu) - Mines Superintendant
3 : FireDancer (OPE/Zulu)
4 : Baiboe (OPE/Zulu) - Constable
5 : Minaserana (CCCP) Public Prosecuter
6 : Dame_vaness (CCCP) - Judge
7 : Cassandra (CCCP) -Sergeant
8 : Zymurge (CCCP) - Spokesman
9 : HaraldJarl (CUE) - Sheriff
10 : Nordicnorn (CUE) - Count
11 : Sadowa (OPE/Zulu)
12 : Densuke (CUE) - Captain
OPE has 5 of 12 seats, while CCCP has 4 and CUE Sussex has 3.
Only 0.8% of the popular vote separated OPE and CCCP.

interesting overseas news :DarkLover has been elected mayor of Lörrach.
Quote :

*Minaserana walks up to the official press announcement podium and waits for the artists to finish their sketches before speaking*

Citizens of Sussex,

I would like to issue a public apology to both CUE and OPE for the actions and words taken by several members on the CCCP list during the last election. This style of interaction is not the intent, nor the goals of this organization. Echoes from these statements are still being heard and hampering efforts on all sides. The matter is being handled internally, and has not gone unnoticed, and will not be ignored. Again, I sincerely offer my apologies to any and all who were harmed.

Last edited by on Thu 16 Mar - 16:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Herald (21/02/06)   Thu 23 Feb - 3:16

Historical

Quote :
English Catholic layman, b. 1535(?); d. 1607(?). Only son and heir of Sir John Talbot, of Grafton, Worcestershire, he was the father, by Katharine, d. of Sir William Petre, of the Rev. George Talbot, Catholic priest, and ninth Earl of Shrewsbury. He became a member of Lincoln's Inn, 10 February, 1555-6. It was when passing through Smithfield, London, in July, 1580, with Mr. and Mrs. Talbot, that Bl. Robert Johnson, the martyr, was recognized by Sledd, the informer. Indeed, Fr. Persons, S.J., calls Bl. Robert "Mr. Talbot's priest" (Cath. Rec. Soc., II, 27), though, as it appears, he was, rather, Lady Petre's. Talbot was committed to the custody of the Dean of Westminster, 24 August, 1580, and afterwards removed to the house of his brother-in-law, Sir John Petre, in Aldersgate Street. On 1 October, 1581, the plague being then rife in the City, he was moved to some other house within ten or twelve miles of London. In 1583 the priest, Hugh Hall, confessed that he had in past years been entertained by him. Later Talbot was restricted to the house of one Henry Whitney, at Mitcham, Surrey, and two miles round it. In 1588 he was imprisoned in Wisbech Castle for having heard Mass contrary to the provisions of the statute 23 Eliz. c. i. From 9 Dec., 1588, to about 13 May, 1589, he was liberated on bail, owing to his own and his wife's bad health. He then seems to have been restricted to his house in Clerkenwell. On 12 March, 1589-90, he was ordered into confinement at the house of Richard Fiennes at Broughton in Oxfordshire, whence he was released on bail for a fortnight on 24 May, 1590. He was again allowed out on bail on 20 December, 1590, and 22 July, 1591. In 1592 he was at "Bickslie" (Bexley or Bickley?) Kent. On 27 August, 1592, the recusants formerly imprisoned at Ely, Banbury, and Broughton were ordered back to their respective prisons; but an exception was made (17 September, 1592) in favor of John Talbot. However, next year we find him in Ely gaol. Thence he was liberated on bail for a considerable period to act as umpire in a family dispute. Later on he was allowed to take "the Bathes", presumably at Bath, on account of his health. Between Michaelmas, 1593, and 10 March following, he paid £120 in fines for recusancy. Afterwards he was imprisoned in Banbury Castle, whence he was released on bail for two months, 27 Feb., 1596-7, his leave being subsequently extended on 29 April, 1597, and 6 Nov., 1597. In 1601 he was living in Worcestershire and pressure was brought to bear on him to secure his influence to promote the candidature of Sir Thomas Leighton as one of the parliamentary representatives of the shire. In 1604 he was paying £20 a month in fines for his recusancy, the benefit of which was on 26 August granted to Sir William Anstruther, who on 13 October in the same year obtained his pardon. On the following 8 December a warrant was issued for the release to him of £160, due from him to the Crown in fines for recusancy. In 1605 he was suspected of complicity with the conspirators of the Gunpowder Plot, one of whom, Robert Winter, of Haddington, near Droitwich, had married his daughter Gertrude. Robert Winter, however, declared that he had said nothing on the subject to his father-in-law, knowing that he would not join the plot under any circumstances. Indeed he had actually driven the fugitive conspirators from his door. Talbot was, nevertheless, arrested, and on 4 December, 1605, examined. On 26 September, 1606, the value of his recusancy was granted to Lord Hay. His second son, John, father of the tenth Earl of Shrewsbury, died in London in 1607, and he himself probably died about the same year

article brought to by internet

Classified

Quote :

The original Alluminath beliefs evolved from a knightly order merged with sufi ideas and concepts, during the Crusades, to create the "Knights Templar". The Knights Templar were later disbanded and largely exterminated by the French monarchy. The break-up of the Templar's resulted in the creation of many of the masonic and other european secret societies. Some of the surviving Templar's learned the rituals and methods of an egyptian hermetic order known as the "Illuminates of Ra". These Templar's took the name the "Alluminath", which means "The Enlighted Ones". And from that point UrShak organized the Alluminath further on.

UrShak is now opening recruitment across the board for all new players to get known with the game, and get enlighted.
We, of the Alluminath, answer all your questions and we have a special guide too to help you advance (very fast) in the world of RK.

The goals of the Alluminath are very misunderstood things, and are not always that bad as people like to say. Anyway, once you join you'll know our goals…

Send UrShak a message (with ingame name and lvl) and he'll grant you access to their wealthy private forum if you get accepted.

MidSummer's Night Theatre opens once again her curtains.

Quote :
Please follow the small placards into the heart of England‘s greatest cultural event. Follow their lead to the doors of England's first and only theatre, MidSummer's Night Theatre. Now enter without fear, and prepare to witness a splendid spectacle to the glory of great England . There will you discover the most enticing plotlines, illuminated by the brilliant acting of the best actors from all over Sussex and Wiltshire, for once again the Theatre opens her curtains and presents a new play called Meadowbrook.

DariusFarlenz, a talented apprentice at MidSummer's Night Theatre, will direct a group of gifted actors for your greatest pleasure. In the main cast will figure Dragonflame as The Duke, Dugustus as Vincent and Lia as Madeliene. Darius however wishes the name of the leading actor to remain a mystery until the opening night.

Even under journalistic pressure, the group refuses to give away the plot. However something about a great tragedy and a love story slips from one of them. One of the actors adds that it will be a wonderful success.

All are invited to come to MidSummer's Night Theatre, in the forums (under Guilds and Corporations), to witness this exceptional event.

For late-comers who would like to figure in the play, please contact DariusFarlenz.

Humor

The Supreme Court has ruled that there cannot be a Nativity
Scene in Washington, DC this Christmas season.
This isn't for any religious reason, they simply have not been able to
find three wise men and a virgin in the Nation's capitol.
There was no problem, however, finding enough asses to fill the stable.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get it started."
Her boyfriend asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished.
The blonde says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a tiger."

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle. She let him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.
He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says, "First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a tiger."
He takes her hand and says , "Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then....." he sighed, "let's put all these Frosted Flakes back in the box."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A limo driver, after getting all of Pope Benedict's luggage loaded
into the limo (and he doesn't travel light), notices that the Pope is
still standing on the curb.

"Excuse me, Your Holiness," says the driver, "Would you please
take your seat so we can leave?

"Well, to tell you the truth," says the Pope, "they never let me
drive at the Vatican, and I'd really like to drive today"

"I'm sorry but I cannot let you do that I'd lose my job! What if
something should happen?" protests the driver, wishing he'd never
gone to work that morning.

"There might be something extra in it for you," says the Pope.

Reluctantly, the driver gets in the back as the Pope climbs in
behind the wheel.

The driver quickly regrets his decision when, after exiting the
airport, the Supreme Pontiff floors it, accelerating the limo to
105 mph.

"Please slow down, Your Holiness!!" pleads the worried driver, but
the Pope keeps the pedal to the metal until they hear sirens. "Oh, my
God, I'm gonna lose my license," moans the driver.

The Pope pulls over and rolls down the window as the cop
approaches, but the cop takes one look at him, goes back to his motorcycle,
and gets on the radio.

"I need to talk to the Chief," he says to the dispatcher. The
Chief gets on the radio and the cop tells him that he's stopped a limo
going a hundred and five.

"So bust him," said the Chief.

"I don't think we want to do that, he's really important," said
the cop.

The Chief then asked, "Who ya got there, the Mayor?"

Cop: "Bigger"

Chief: "Governor?"

Chief: "Senator?"

"Well," said the Chief, "Who is it?"

Cop: "I think it's Jesus!"

Chief: "What makes you think it's Jesus?"

Cop: "He's got the Pope for a limo driver!"

SHORTS

A message Entitled "I QUIT" has appeared in Dover. The notice is written in Mayor Darmor's handwritting. The rest of the message reads
Quote :
... but not for a while. :-p I'm very satisfied with where the Town is going, as Mayor. We've got a great thing going, and I'm looking for someone to take over as Mayor when I leave. Of course, you'll have to be voted in by the Town's populations, so I'm looking for someone trustworthy.

Basically, I want someone who I'll be able to train and bring up to speed on what I've found works and what doesn't, and who I can inform about what "relations" Dover has with individuals and other towns to make things run smoothy.

Please PM me if you're interested in running next term as Mayor of Dover. I may be back in the future sometime, but for now I have some exploring to do (meaning visiting France to learn some new things...).

Again, PM me if you want to be Mayor of Dover ... I hope some really good candidates shore up.
The elections has since opened up, and Quintam, a young level one wheat farmer was the first candidate. He has not yet posted his message.
Sprak, a level one sheep farmer has also joined the race to succeed two time mayor Darmor.

Criminal actions threatened (but not commited) to support a demonstration:
http://www.acilion.com/englishforum/viewtopic.php?t=6384

And the demonstration itself:

Quote :
Demonstration Repeal the minimum wage!!!

The arbitrary enforcement of the minimum wage is hurting our county's economy. By having a wage at 16 pounds that peasants must pay is firstly a radical leap above the county's own minimum wage jobs and secondly a huge percentage of what have since the change in rules the profits from farming. Prior to these changes one could expect an average of 14 bags of wheat even from a second field for a profit of 196 punds of which the three days of 16 pound labor was inconsequential. Now we can expect a profit of 84 pounds from that same field but the labor rates are the same. The wage must fall to meet the economic realities of our new rules. The wage must fall! I have seen a great decrease in jobs available in our village because it s simply not worth the expense to hire anyone to work the land. It is much cheaper to work it yourself. This is terribly harmful to our level 0 players who could count on plentiful work in the fields. Now there is little or no work and they are forced into the mines or to the counties own paltry excuse for a job at 8 pounds, of which only five is paid upon completion. Wouldn't it be better for these people to come and work on my farm ffor 12 or 14 pounds and get paid at once for their work? Let's bring some common sense to our new economy. Repeal the minimum wage law! The payment table begins at 12, and this is a good start for payment of unskilled labor. It's enough for a man to buy his daily bread and still ave a few pounds for the morrow! Repeal the minimum wage law now!!!!
Leaders : Thobias, Chinahero, Harekr, Ailee

Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Herald (21/02/06)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archives of England :: The Herald-
Jump to: