HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Herald (30/01/06)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: The Herald (30/01/06)   Tue 31 Jan - 3:40

The HERALD

Good Morning! Today is, Sunday Janurary 29th, 1454
Edition XVI

LOCAL NEWS

Revolt in Canterbury. Right after the election

Quote :
Revolt at Canterbury! FABRICEKILLER takes the power.

This morning, when the people of canterbury woke up they found things to be a little different. The town hall had been attacked, and there were several dead bodies near the hall. The serviving rebel proclamed his dead comrad Fabricekiller as mayor of Canterbury.
Canterbury is the latest town to suffer a revolt. However, unlike the recient revolts of Dover and Lewes, this one was seems more organised. The new mayor has clear links to a frenchman named Terlington. a resident of Nţmes, Terlington also has connections to 9 other men, all of whom are now dead, and in Canterbury. It would appear that they died in the revolt. Canterbury is no longer under the elected mayor's control.

New Law in Sussex
While it has yet to be announced formally, the Sussex council is creating a new law. This law is in response to complaints that some citizens are paying for tavern meals that they are not receiving.

Minaserana wrote:
First announcement: CCCP is going through a discussion and organization period. Contrary to popular belief, we are open to males and females. For more information on membership please see the GOAS sticky topic or PM CCCP members Cassandra or Minaserana.

Second announcement: I have been nominated, seconded, and voted as the new Chief Chick of CCCP. Again, if you would like more information please feel free to PM me.

That is all ^.^

~Mina

WEATHER

Political

Wiltshire Council Election

The voting has begun in the first ever Wiltshire county elections. CUE was the first out of the starting blocks by having a completed list posted. They are now joined by the Organization for Propserity of England. The OPE list is:

Quote :
List name : The Organisation for Prosperity of England

Chief candidate : Scarabecus
Number 2 : Nightbliss
Number 3 : Nataniel
Number 4 : Knightflame
Number 5 : Bohr
Number 6 : Trontor
Number 7 : Iulius_Catullus
Number 8 : Urshak
Number 9 : Varrus
Number 10 : Martur
Number 11 : ChristShep
Number 12 : Maily

Both list are confirmed and the election will be final in 5 days. Continue to read The Herald for all your election coverarge.

By staff.

Sussex council elections

The next election for the Council
will take place in 16 days.
Lists :

PARS and Sympathizers (PARS) (Breizh, BigBoomMetal, Kiolan, DragonFlame, Shaitan, Charles_de_clermont, Invisible007, Number8, Number9, Number10, Number11, Number12) - COMPLETE LIST - FUNDS NEEDED

Reforming Movement (R.M.) (Camus, Dame Zouzoute, Number 3, Number 4, Number 5, Number 6, Number 7, Number 8, Number 9, Number10, Number11, Number 12) - COMPLETE LIST - FUNDS NEEDED

Organization for the Prosperity of England (OPE/Zulu) (Teignat, Tetsu, FireDancer, Baiboe, Sadowa, Kaihra, Ka, Butchy, Bitemboy, Noble_Templar, Selbst, Relamir)

Dover's mayor elections:

1. Darmor : 85%
2. Charles_Henri : 15%

Darmor was the mayor last month aswell.

Darmor Re-elected in Dover
Mayor Darmor has been re-elected in Dover. After a very short campaign, the votes seemed to all go his way. He didn't trail at anypoint in the polls. After the first day, Darmor had 75% of the votes. After all the votes were counted, Darmor had increased his lead to 85% of votes.
His challenger, Charles_Henri, had joined the race a few days after Darmor. In his very short campaign, he didn't make any posts in the Dover forums. Charles_Henri was also not very well known in Dover.
The different views of the candidates were very apparent the moment they put them selves in the race. Charles_Henri announced that
Quote :
If I'm elected, i'll steal the poor people to give to the rich ones !! The rich ones will become richer and the poor people will probably die... It's the law of the jungle...Only the strong survive !! If U agree with this, vote 4 me !!
This was in contrast to Darmor's view, which he outlined in his announcement
Quote :
I am throwing my hat into the ring a second time, and hope that the progress we have made in fixing Dover up and getting her running will convince you to allow me to continue my plans to make Dover an economic powerhouse. Some things we tackled first term:

1) Fishing ... we allow for inexpensive meals in the Tavern to increase fishing productivity, and have kept a reserve of boats for those who which to purchase them.

2) Defense ... since I have been elected Mayor, no coup against the town has been successful. I attribute this to a strong economy which has been able to support four militiamen per day, and the dedication that citizens of Dover have shown to filling those militia positions to keep Dover safe.

3) The flow of currency ... the Town hall has thus far used its purchasing power to ensure that players do not find a significant delay in receiving payment for their crafts and crops. In times of overproduction, the town hall mediated falling prices by purchasing lower-priced goods to ensure that those who could not afford to slash prices could still sell.

Plans for the future include further dissemination of information about the advantages of fishing to new players to ensure that Dover's fishing industry grows to the point where fish is readily exportable, increased balancing of production in terms of Lev1 and Lev2 goods, and ensuring that players can continue their steady progress toward the next level to keep our strong production values even as migration draws experienced players to newly opened towns.

Darmor has messaged the people of Dover to thank them for re-electing him. He has also told the Herald that he is
Quote :
Just looking forward to continuing the progress we've made.

Last edited by on Thu 16 Mar - 16:58; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Herald (30/01/06)   Tue 31 Jan - 3:40

COURT

From Sussex:
Quote :
Rolgobb is charged with commission of fraud.

The judge awaits the indictment presented by the prosecutor
(to be lodged within two weekdays after the first defence pleading)

Bill of indictment
You are accused of Swindling. The crime occured in Languedoc, but considering the Judicial Treaty we have with Languedoc, we are allowed to charge you for this crime.

All evidence are in french, I'll translate them for the convenience of the jury (original are available in french)

As mayor of the town of Alais/Languedoc/France, you have bought several items at a very low price for your own benefit:

2006-01-23 03:49:59 : You have sold 10 wheat bags for 0,01 Úcus Ó Rolgobb.
2006-01-23 03:49:59 : You have sold 10 wheat bags forr 0,01 Úcus Ó Rolgobb.
2006-01-23 03:49:59 : You have sold 10 fruits for 0,01 Úcus Ó Rolgobb.
2006-01-23 03:49:59 : You have sold 9 fruits pour 0,01 Úcus Ó Rolgobb.

It's unacceptable that a mayor use his abilities to make personal profit. This is a crime also in Sussex :
(Sussex laws
Whosoever shall attempt to manipulate any market in the County of Sussex, for their own purposes and attempt to destroy, either for greed or malice, the economy ...)

This crime is aggravated by the fact the defendant was mayor at this moment:
(Sussex laws
Whosoever shall deliberately obtain a political position to steal, sabotage, or otherwise commit treasonous acts ...)

It's then a double crime of Swindling AND treason. Face the Justice for your crime NOW.
First defence pleading

HRP : You give me the taste to stop the game... How do you want that a criminal can be? So lawsuit from france pass to England in 5 seconds its not realist? it is really idiot your trick.. a message is sent to LJS and LÚvan for that... /HRP

First i did'nt steal noting, i was made a transfer to take my overloads out of my town... But Dragon_noir, the revolted tought that i'm a criminal so i have this lawsuit here for a NO-crime that i did in France!

So i dont undersant nothing now...

Thanks..

Judge Nordic had this to say:
Quote :
IN a landmark case in Which Sussex County prosecuted a criminal that fled here from Languedoc, France Judge Nordicnorn has found ROLGOBB Guilty
He was sentanced to 500 pounds and a day in jail.

This is a case in which the accused was charged in his own Country and attempted to flee to England to avoid prosecution. It is not possible to have testimony here of individuals who are in France, so the prosecutor took depositions of the current mayor as proof. Screenshots of the Town forums were also in the evidence we considered.
The case is this: The accused was mayor at the time that he sold many items to himself at the ridiculous price of 1 pound or less. He used his office to steal from his counrtymen and then fled here to escape justice. The estimated amount of theft is 1000 pounds worth of items he took. He alleged that he sold these items to a "mystery Merchant". Even if this were true, it would certainly be criminal behavior. All in all, in keeping with the spirit of the juducial treaty as signed by both Languedoc and Sussex, I find you guily in the eyes of the laws of your own country. I fine yuo half of what you took in value and one day in jail. You may appeal to the King from your jail cell if you wish - but DO NOT attempt to threaten or intimidate this court with cries of "I will tell the King!" If he finds you innocent of the charges - fine. He has many royal invetigators that have ways of detecting the truth of what happened - BUT -- be careful what you ask for - he may be less forgiving than I if you lie about your innocence to him and he discovers you have treated your town's people badly. Court ajourned!

Historical
100 year war
After the 1430s the tide of the war turned to the advantage of the French. There were several reasons for this. Seward notes that this had become a national war rather than the feudal conflict it started out to be. The French came to think of themselves as 'French' over these years, and of the English as the invaders and aggressors. The English faced a series of rebellions in their territories, making it necessary for them to divert resources to hold past seizures, as well as to continue with their conquests.

The French had a maturing leader while the English had a child king in Henry VI. The English also faced internal dissension over the control of the crown and government.

The French had an advantage in terms of financial resources. The south of France was richer than the English and Burgundian north, making it easier to for the French royalists to carry on the conflict. The English came to be financially stressed, as they were repeatedly over the course of the war.

The English had longer lines of supply. It took hundreds of ships to mount an invasion, incurring significant costs before they even got to the fighting grounds.

The series of alliances on which the English relied unraveled over the second quarter of the century. John of Brittany, an English ally, turned on them and allied himself with Charles VII. After the death of Bedford, Philip of Burgundy broke the English alliance and began to support Charles.

Charles developed into an effective tactician. He started a national standing army that was not laid off as soon as the fighting stopped. Seward says "In 1445 an edict established 15 companies of 100 lances, each lance a unit of six men ... By 1446 Charles had 20 such companies." The standing army replaced the forces gathered at Crecy, where loyalty was to the lord and not the king, and the battle plan was based on the tenets of chivalry rather than on more modern tactical considerations. These troops took a systematic approach to taking English fortifications one at a time. The French also started to make effective use of artillery.

Charles invaded Guyenne and established a strong presence there. Over time Normandy fell, Guyenne fell and the English were pressed back to Calais. The French were victorious at Fomigny in 1450, where the English lost almost 4000 men. It was their worse defeat since Bannockburn (Scotland) in 1314. The English were defeated at Castillon in 1453 in Guyenne. Seward notes that while the war was effectively over, no one realized it at the time

article brought to you by the internet

Humor

Funny Stuff

Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next
door went nuts.

If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is
that considered a hostage situation?

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

After eating, do amphibians need to wait an hour before getting
OUT of the water?

Why don't they just make mouse-flavored cat food?

If you're sending someone some Styrofoam, what do you pack it in?

Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?

Do they have reserved parking for non-handicapped people at the
Special Olympics?

When a man talks dirty to a woman, its sexual harassment. When a
woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

Since light travels faster than sound, is that why some people
appear bright until you hear them speak?

How come abbreviated is such a long word?

If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice
as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?

Why do you press harder on a remote-control when you know the
battery is dead?

Why are they called buildings, when they're already finished?
Shouldn't they be called builts?

Why are they called apartments, when they're all stuck together?

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange?

When two airplanes almost collide why do they call it a near
miss? It sounds like a near hit to me!!

Why are there 5 syllables in the word "monosyllabic"?

Why do they call it the Department of Interior when they are in
charge of everything outdoors?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe
you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.

How come Superman could stop bullets with his chest, but always
ducked when someone threw a gun at him?

If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of
progress?

Why is it lemon juice contains mostly artificial ingredients,
but dishwashing liquid contains real lemons?

Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?

Why do we put suits in a garment bag and put garments in a
suitcase?

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious?

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have
monkeys and apes?

Do married people live longer than single people, or does it
just SEEM longer?

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the
self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the
purpose.

If all those psychics know the winning lottery numbers, why are
they all still working?

Isn't the best way to save face to keep the lower part shut?

War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.

CLASSIFIED

The Citizens' Union of England Requests your Vote!

Fellow citizens of Wiltshire, I ask for you to consider giving your trust and vote to the CUE, Wiltshire branch in the coming council elections.

The following is our platform:

CUE Platform:

1) Help the new players:
1a. 16 pound minimum wage
1b. pricecap on bread and corn

2) Develop natural resources
2a. maximize efficiency for mining
2b. convert iron to steel
2c. maximize town resources: fish, fruit, and wood.

3) One County One Law
3a. all laws are made at the county level
3b. mayors are free to make suggestions and requests, but cannot prosecute those that violate these requests.

4) Free Market:
4a. No limits set by law on wage or prices except for those in point 1.

5) One Country:
5a. Extradition treaties between Wiltshire and Sussex
5b. Mutual protection pact between Wiltshire and Sussex
5c. Promote intercounty trade

6) Democracy
6a. everyone has the right to be heard

On our current list for council, we bring many experienced players from citizens who have served on both the temporary council to those with serveral terms in Sussex's council. Within the councils, our list members have served in nearly every position on the council. Many are active in the mentoring guild. Our players come from all walks of life and a wide range of levels. We have several former mayors among our ranks as well. We have the support of the CUE, which has a long history of serving the citizens of England with integrity and honor.

Vote CUE for prosperity and growth!

VOLUNTEER FOR THE MENTORS GUILD!!
Wiltshire and Sussex NEEDS YOU!

Would you like the chance to become known in your town?
Would you like a chance to be a hero to level 0's?
Would you like a chance to help those that need it most - the poverty stricken and innocent?

OF COURSE YOU WOULD!!

Volunteer today for the mentor's guild and give back to your community!

If you do the work of a mentor, and aren't in the guild, we will welcome you. Through the guild, we can coordinate our efforts to share the work and make sure all new players have a mentor.

SHORTS

Quote :
Lightsknight of Dover has become a citizen of England. He has decided to grow corn. Dover wishes him the best of luck!
Quote :
Dani_ddd has gained citizenship and decided to breed pigs in Sevenoaks.
Quote :
The_light has gained citizenship and decided to grow vegetables in Southampton.

Thanks to the staff here at News First:
Adaidh - Aviela - baiboe - Calisupafly - chinahero - DariusFarlenz - DomKnight - drrino - knightflame - KublaKahn - Lia - LongJohnSilver - Lord Led - Lorudce - mike1981 - Nordicnorn - rhiannon - Riane - The_light - TonyRc - UrShak - Whit
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Herald (30/01/06)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archives of England :: The Herald-
Jump to: