HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Herald (05/12/05)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: The Herald (05/12/05)   Sat 7 Jan - 7:48

The HERALD

Good Morning! Today is, Tuesday December 5th, 1453
Edition VIII

LOCAL NEWS

Revolt in Lewes!

On November 28, 2005 a revolt took place in Lewes, where Mark359 took over the city. This created quite a stir as many Lewes residents and residents of neighboring towns took up arms to thrown Mark359 from the mayor’s seat. Many political parties immediately rushed to Lewes aide with supplies and men to overthrown Mark359. Said Joeljrl110: "I just saw it too. If Lewes needs any help me and several axes will be on the way."

The IA/IS lead by Pathus took immediate action. Pathus, with support by Zerostar, Lup_Alb, and Uranium, started to organize the revolt to retake the city of Lewes from Marc359. Pathus tried to make sure only certain people joined in the revolt to ensure Lup Alb, the rightful mayor was put back in charge. The next morning showed a new mayor Zerostar. Zerostar was quick to ensure everyone that he was going to run the mayors office the same way Lup_Alb would. Zerostar also plans to try and get Lup_Alb put back into office: "I plan to either resign and have elections take place in 8 days or to see if LJS will automatically reinstate him."

Mark359 would not give any comments concerning the revolt or why he decided to revolt but Lup_Alb did state that: "Huge quantities of wheat bags and half-hundredpounds of pig (hundreds of items) were sold to the Town Hall at once so the Town Hall wasn't able to hire militia anymore the next day. The attacker didn't want to keep Lewes but to get rid of his overproduction I think."

Marc359 is now faced with traitorous behavior and is now on trial with a possible punishment of death. Although the revolt created quite a buzz everything will in time return to normal. Although the council did bicker alot this term they were able to come together in a time of crisis.

by DariusFarlenz

Council Election Preview

This election period we are graced with more political parties than ever before in Sussex' history - four. These four parties are proudly different and are comprised of the most influential people across the county.

Elections will be held on the Thirteenth of December of this year, and the winners are decided by the percentage of total votes each party gains and pre-selected hierarchy of people within the parties. The council then votes on who will become the next Duke (or Duchess) of Sussex. It is the Duke/Duchess who decides subsequent positions on the council.

The first group to enter a list of candidates is the Imperial Senate. This organization is run by Pathus. The Imperial Senate's unique leadership design is the most outstanding aspect of this organization. Pathus, the Imperial Senate's creator is its leader for as long he chooses, then and only then will another leader be found and serve the same tenure. The Imperial Senate's campaign message promotes their activity and organization as their best traits. Notable candidates include Pathus, Lord Jones, Darmor, Zymurge, Zerostar and Thelastdhali.

The second party to submit a list is the Organization for the Prosperity of England party. This party boasts a stronger connection to the people of Sussex and promises to increase positive trade agreements with French territories. Baiboe is the current head of OPE. Notable candidates of this party are: Baiboe, Teignat, Chinahero, Dante and Tetsu.

One may think the members of third group are newcomers to politics, but that's hardly the case. Lady Vaness heads CCCP - the Cute Chicks in Control Party. The CCCP touts its nebulous and diverse nature as it's best strength. Their current campaign slogan states they try to promote as much fun to Sussex as possible and because the fact that theirs is a 100% female ballot they will ensure better decisions made on the council. Notables from the CCCP include: Lady Vaness, Nordicnorn, Rhiannon and Skelneko.

Finally, the Citizens' Union of Sussex - currently the party in power now has finally announced its list. The CUS is proud to state its organizational structure creates equal voices across all of its membership and that it has been the party leading Sussex since there was a council. Notable members from CUS are: HaraldJarl, Ecthelion, Lorudce, BossMustang and Trontor.

by Whit

A new Town is Born!

A new settlement has been created near the capital of Hastings, named Dover. The King has established a gold mine, and a fishing lake has been found nearby. Already settlers have been streaming in from nearby towns in Sussex and have been jockeying for the first ever mayor's position. Among these candidates are Darklover, Dragonflame and Zanibas. Two-term exiting mayor Teignat has also coordinated an effort of farmers and craftsmen to aid Dover's new market.

by Staff

Councilman Emunah leads law reform

Emunah, councilman and sergeant of Sussex has brought a few laws under review from the council and has asked the populace for their input.

The current Witchery law is being proposed reads:

"Witchery

Whosoever shall dare to create more than one account and take advantage by using the power of clones in a financial and/or political manner, has violated the laws of witchery. To live in the same town as your clone is considered a violation of witchery. To belong to a political group and have clones in a town/colony of England, during elections, of a mayor or council is a violation of witchery. Political groups using clones to influence the outcome of a vote is criminal and punishable by law. Actual voter proof is not necessary in this case. The clone needs to only be in the town/colony of England during election to found guilty. During council elections, clones must vacation in France or country of their choice, or face charges of witchery. All clones in any English Town/Colony shall be registered with the King of England, Long John Silver, within 48 hours of creation. The number of clones allowable are at the discretion of his royal majesty. After this 48 hour period, the clone will become and Illegal Witch.

Upon conviction of witchery , here lie the guidelines for punishment for first offence:

1)The convicted must choose a character to live. Both political and financial.

2)His/Her clones will be burned alive in a public place. Both political and financial.

3)The character will be pilloried for 1-3 days. Both political and financial.

4)Fine of no less than half of inventory and half of their money. All weapons to be removed immediately and not counted as part of inventory. If wearing clothes, that will be counted. All items that are not foodstuff will be removed first, starting with the most expensive until half or higher if it is a odd number. Political is mandatory. Financial is up to judge

5) RP points reset to 0. Both political and financial.

6) SP will be cut in half. If there are no SP then IP or CP will be cut in half, whichever is higher.
Political is mandatory. Financial is up to judge

7)You will lose one field. Political is mandatory. Financial is up to judge

8)you are removed from office you are holding and the candidate that was running or the Duke/Duchess or King fills the vacancy. Mayors that are voted in will be removed from office. There will be another election held and the prior mayor will hold the mayoral position unless he was part of that party. At that time the Duke/Duchess has option to run town until elections or appoint a mayor to fill in the vacancy until the new elections have been held. In case of council election fraud, the old council will remain until a new election has determined the predecessors.
Political is mandatory. Financial is up to judge

Upon conviction of witchery , here lie the guidelines for punishment for second offence:

Mandatory for both political and financial:

1) all SP, IP, CP, RP set to 0

2) all land removed

3) all money and inventory removed with exception to the clothes on the witch

4) Jailed for no less then 5 days and no more then 20

Upon conviction of witchery , here lie the guidelines for punishment for third offence:

Mandatory for both political and financial:

1) Permanently execute all characters and clones

2) Permanently banned from England"

Discussion can be read here.

The proposed Slavery law is as follows:

"Slavery is the act of intentionally and knowingly employing an individual to perform work for less than the legally defined minimum wage, without prior contractual agreement between the employer and employee.

Contractual agreement is a prior, legally binding, willing decision by employer and employee to knowingly perform labor for below the minimum wage. A typical example would be for the employer to agree to work for the employee in the future for an amount also below the minimum wage.

The application of the Slavery law is within the jurisdiction of the individual Towns and lies within the hands of the Mayor to both define and enforce.

The Mayor must post in the Town Message what the limitations are at each tier of the wage scale. All changes must be dated and the citizens given 3 days of leeway to comply with any altered limits.

The Mayor is responsible to pursue offenses, at his/her discretion based upon prior knowledge of agreements, via the Town Hall Prosecution channel.

If citizens of the Town believe that the Mayor is not acting within good faith in his enforcement of the Slavery law, they may escalate to the County via the Public Prosecutor as needed."

Discussion of this proposal can be read here.

by Staff

Public Prosecutor's Report
After a week of no new offenses to report, the Public Prosecutor's office was active again these past seven days. Four new cases of slavery and one case of high treason have been brought before the court this past week.
The slavery cases all seem to have stemmed from an ignorance regarding the minimum wage law in Sussex. As a reaction to this recent outbreak, I have asked the New Members Mentoring Guild to send out the Sussex Laws to all players again.
The case of Treason was brought against Marc359 in reaction to his rebellion in the town of Lewes. The defendant has not appeared in court, and rumor states that he is now dead, but the county is still pressing charges.

by Ecthelion

Tetsu wins SevenOaks

Tetsu, new mayor of SevenOaks said this following his victory of the SevenOaks mayoral race: "I'll do my best to show you did the good choice." Immediately Tetsu began working on the town council that will be made of a vagrant, a peasant, a craftsman, a sheriff and one or two official town traders. Tetsu, with endorsement of the exiting mayor Teignat won by a monstrous margin - sixty-nine percent to Darmor's seventeen and Uranium's fourteen.

by Whit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Herald (05/12/05)   Sat 7 Jan - 7:48

WEATHER

by Baiboe

EDITORIAL & OPINION

Public Announcements

Dear people of Sussex,
As the leader of KoRT speaking, I would like to announce that my group is ended its activity in political field and from now on is disbanded.

Regards,
Uranium

FINANCE

The King Enacts Welfare Program

A few days ago, King Long John Silver has created a way for vagrants and peasants to survive when no jobs are available. This welfare program is called the Intercounty Minimum Wage. "If you can't find work here or in your village, you can apply to receive IMW (Intercounty Minimum Wage) - you will then be paid a ration wage to perform tiresome, degrading, and useless tasks.

Today, the IMW was fixed at: 8,00 pounds (5,00 pounds paid as of tomorrow, and 3,00 pounds paid at the weekend, Sunday.)"

This program by the King has ensured no citizen of Sussex will starve to death, although the work done by the welfare recipient will be taxing.

by Staff

RELIGION & CULTURE

Yule Celebration

On December 21st 2005, the Church of the Old Ways will be celebrating Yule. Which is the day in which the Goddess gives birth to the God. Literally, this is when the sun is "reborn" in the sky, and the darkest day of the year is past. Yule marks the return of the sun, the life-giving star that this earth revolves around. This event will bring much celebrating of all sorts. The Church is also seeking new members who will bring their own touch to the Church.

by DariusFarlenz

HUMOR

A cabbie picks up a Nun. She gets into the cab, and notices that
the VERY handsome cab driver won't stop staring at her.
She asks him why he is staring.
He replies: "I have a question to ask you but I don't want to
offend you"
She answers, " My son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old
as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see
and hear just about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could
say or ask that I would find offensive."
"Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me."
She responds, "Well, let's see what we can do about that : #1,
you have to be single and #2, you must be Catholic."

The cab driver is very excited and says,
"Yes, I'm single and Catholic!
"OK" the nun says. "Pull into the next alley."
The nun fulfills his fantasy with a kiss that would make a
hooker blush.
But when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts
crying.
"My dear child," said the nun, why are! you crying?"
"Forgive me but I've sinned. I lied and I must confess, I'm
married and I'm Baptist."
The nun says, "That's OK. My name is Kevin and I'm going to a
Halloween party."

by Emunah

ADVERTISEMENTS

Come all ye butchers. Salisbury is in need of more active butchers to produce meat for the town. We have a lot of hhw and hw for low prices! Due to the fact that we have such little butchers your goods will sell! So if you are a butcher who is forced to drive his prices down in order to sell a few pieces of meat, considering moving to Salisbury where you will prosper! If interested move to Salisbury or contact Lord LED for details.

Greetings!

Have you ever thought about joining a political party to help Sussex and its people to achieve greatness?

Citizen's Union of Sussex (CUS) stands for democracy and freedom in Sussex. It’s a political party by the people for the people of Sussex. We do not have any other motive other than to further the people and county of Sussex. To make it a free, strong and prosperous place for all to enjoy. We do not have any rigid hierarchy in CUS and everyone’s voice is heard equal.

We where the first elected council of Sussex and have been the ruling party in Sussex to this day.

If you would be interested in joining us please send PM to either myself or Ecthelion.

Sussex needs YOU!

Thank you for reading!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Herald (05/12/05)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archives of England :: The Herald-
Jump to: