HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Herald (26/12/05)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: The Herald (26/12/05)   Sat 7 Jan - 7:39

The HERALD

Good Morning! Today is, Wednesday December 26th, 1453
Edition XI

LOCAL NEWS

Sussex Council News

Seasons Greetings, citizens of Sussex! Here is an update on the progress of the Council of Sussex.

Council Accountability:
A recent vote would call for all unsecured polls made by this council to make the voter in which accountable for their vote. This measure would include:
- The measure submitted for vote
- The tally and names of each Council member voting in favor
- The tally and names of each Council member voting against
- The tally and names of each Council member abstaining from the vote
- A summary of brief explanations from those in opposition
This bill is not current law but precedent for the practice has already been set.

Multiple Functions:
In order to avoid a possible conflict of interest, a player can not be a member of the council and a mayor at the same time. Should this apply to someone, he or she will have to make a decision and give up one of these functions. Giving up the mayor position will have to be dealt with by the mayor and the running council, for the interest of the Town.

In favor: 7 (baiboe, Lady Vaness, teignat, sadowa , anto_capone, nordicnorn, zymurge)
Opposed: 4 (harald jarl, darmor, lokdar, thelastdhali)
Abstained: 1 ecthelion (reason: conflict of interest)

by Anto Capone, Spokesman for the Sussex Council

Pathus resigns, Imperial Senate in Transition

Inexplicably, Emperor Pathus of the Imperial Senate has resigned from the Council. Mentioned by council members, he resigned before attending any council meetings, and has even fallen out of regular contact with The Imperial Senate. No public explanation was given, and his council seat has been given to the next Imperial Senate/Imperial Army candidate on the former roster - Thelastdhali.

In related news, the Imperial Senate has undergone major changes. In addition to Pathus' absence, former Senators Lokdar, Darmor and Lord Jones have all either disaffiliated with the Imperial Senate or have detached themselves completely from Sussex. Zymurge and Anto Capone are the only original Senators from the Imperial Senate still in existance.

by Whit

TheSnowMan Elected Mayor of Southampton

This election, like most recent ones in Souhtampton, went to a second round with no candidate having a majority at the end of the first round. TheSnowMan was leading after the first round of elections. Here is how the candidates did in that round:

1. TheSnowMan : 40.5%
2. Tonyrc : 35.7%
3. Noisekick89 : 11.9%
4. THEDUKE$$$ : 9.5%
5. Dragonstar : 2.4%

In the second round, TheSnowMan and Tonyrc went head to head. The final numbers came in with TheSnowMan getting 63% of the vote and Tonyrc getting 37%. TheSnowMan granted an interview with The Herald about his win and new term.

TH: What’s the strategy you used to win this election?
TSM: none realy, I just think that all the new players need to be more active and the older one's need to help and guide them (mentor)

TH: Are you planning to run for mayor again after this term?
TSM: Yes

TH: What are some of your goals for the town?
TSM: 1) to have new players be more active
2) have the Guilds lower their prices a bit but still make a profit.
3) use our fishing industry to it's fullest extent to profit the town.

TH: Are there any problems to be fixed after Lorudce’s term in office?
TSM: none that I can see.

TH: What is your take on the market situation?
TSM: we have some surplus in the players market, but I think that is because prices are too high.

TH: If you could change anything in Southampton, what would it be?
TSM: I'll reserve the right to answer this in the up comming weeks.

TonyRc said this in his concession speech:
Quote :
You save your business one more time Whit, you should be glad of that. So, let me do my business.

I will look at you and your friends will do about Southampton economy ^^. Last month, the City hall had many a negative treasury I spend money to raise it. I am pay back in return as everyone.

I asked the both Kings about the question and Nordicorn (who was Judge at the current time). They said ok.

So, keep your privileges I have other thing to do now ^^. Moreover, you just have my quote, you have any proofs. Does TonyRc is disnonest ?!

Look at you and me, we are two different persons and we don't have the same goals. Power and Privileges against honnesty and growth

Enjoy, Tonyrc

The Herald has asked Tonyrc for additional information about the charges, but he has not replied at this time. In the streets of Southampton, Tonyrc and Lorudce were overheard discussing the allegations of Tonyrc. Rumors say that Tonyrc felt a friend of his had not had equal access to iron in September, while Aflac was mayor, because the friend couldn’t speak English well enough to request some from the mayor. When Lorudce was questioned about the matter he said this:
Quote :
I had gotten upset at what I saw as accusations about me giving friends special favors. Tonyrc had used those accusations to try and win the office of mayor, and then took a parting shot at Whit saying, “you save your business….’ and “keep your privileges”. How else was I to take that? I am glad we have cleared the air, but I am disappointed that Tonyrc keeps bringing up old issues and making them part of current debates. It is true Whit is my friend, but it is also true I gave no special privilege to anyone.

Outgoing mayor, Lorudce, was also asked about the outcome of the election and his future plans. Here are his remarks.
Quote :

Congratulations to TheSnowMan. I will support him in any way possible. I have already begun my role as Team Leader for the New Members Mentoring Guild and we have 4 new mentors for the town. We are working to welcome and guide new members in their first days here in Southampton. I will also continue to write for The Herald if they will have me.

Continue to read The Herald for all your local news.

by Staff

Dover elections

The town of Dover has held their second elections in the span of 13 days. The first Mayor of Dover was thrown out of office during a rebellion 3 days after taking office. Now, the town of Dover is deciding who will be its fourth Mayor in Dover's short, 22 day history.

These elections had 5 candidates. The former mayor, Dragonflame, has run again. Running against Dragonflame for the second time is Ze_herb, a weaver with no political affiliations. Darklover, a level 1 wheat farmer, also ran again. In the race for the first time is Darmor. Darmor has been mayor of Sevenoaks, and is now a carpenter in Dover. The other candidate is Delmar688, a corn farmer.

The Dover forum had many questions for each candidate, and the candidate's response to the questions. The forum saw a few attacks from the candidates, but for the most part, the debates stayed civil.

The elections have lead to a run off between Dragonflame and Darmor, who both received 34.7% of the votes. Darklover followed in third with about 20%, and Ze_Herb took about 10% of the votes.

Dover election's run off has since ended. Darmor was victorious with 57.1% of the vote while the loser, Dragonlame garnered 42.9%.

This makes Darmor the 4th Dover Mayor in 15 days, and the 2nd to be elected in that time.

by drrino

Dugustus Dudley Elected as Mayor of Winchester!

Dugustus ran unopposed for mayor of Winchester and received 100% of the vote. He immediately settled into the office and has gotten to work.

Mayor Dugustus accepted his office in the following speech.
Quote :
Honest and hardworking people of Winchester!
From the depths of my heart I thank you for the trust you have placed in me.

I'm honored to be asked to serve you as your mayor for the next term.
Even though my candidacy was unopposed I would like to thank you all for your valued support and for the votes that were cast in my favor anyway.

You will be seeing many new postings appearing in Winchester Hall. Some of these are for your information and some for your participation.
Additionally I will endeavor to keep the Mayor's Message pertinent and current.

We have a solid financial base here in Winchester, due in no small measure to the legacy of the esteemed Iulius Castillus to whom we all owe our thanks. However, Winchester's market, as all markets in Sussex, is not immune to the laws of supply and demand. I intend to work closely with the guild representatives in Winchester and balance their needs with the needs of the citizens of Winchester and our Poor and newly arrived.

We have many activities for our citizens and many new developments planned for Winchester. I encourage you all to visit and participate in Winchester Hall as much as your time allows.
Within Days I shall be announcing the list of my appointments to Town hall.

Once more I thank you, the citizens of Winchester and pledge that I shall do my very best to make Winchester one of the best places in Sussex!

The Herald caught up with Mayor Dugustus and conducted this interview.

Quote :

The Herald: What’s the strategy you used to win this election?

Dugustus: Well, Iulius talked me into it originally. So, I just did my best to meet as many people as I could in the taverns and help all the new arrivals to get settled in. I've also been adding to Winchester Hall very avidly and everyone seemed to like what I was doing.

The Herald: Are you planning to run for mayor again after this term?

Dugustus: That would depend on how this term goes. Who know's I might be leaving town on a rail all tarred and feathered. Laughs and Quaffs his ale.

The Herald: What are some of your goals for the town?

Dugustus pauses to light his pipe, and responds slowly and thoughtfully.
Dugustus: Our primary goal is to develop the town in such a way that we enhance the experience of living in Winchester so that it is more fun with greater opportunities for our citizens.
Our next highest priority is the defense of the Town from insidious forces.
Our third priority is to provide as much as we can for the needs of Sussex and our sister cities and towns.

The Herald: Are there any problems to be fixed immediately?

Dugustus: No, Iulius did an amazing job and left us well provided for.

The Herald: What is your take on the market situation?

Dugustus: We be swamped in corn and we have some overproduction but all in all our market is sound, another thanks to Iulius.

The Herald: If you could change anything in Winchester, what would it be?

Dugustus: Aye. We be changing alot of things around Winchester. What would I most want to see? More nobility and statesmen in town we're really evolving into a active society here in Winchester with alot going on. Even our Taverns are seeing regular traffic. I think we have alot to offer those more esteemed personages in Sussex. I know it's expensive to move here but I intend to make it worthwhile in a quality of life manner.

by Lorudce

Cantebury’s First Mayor is Belzébar!

Round one saw Zanibus, Belzébar, Shaitan and Andrew1988 making bids to be mayor. Shaitan and Belzébar went head to head in the run off election with Belzébar pulling out a win.
Quote :

1. Belzébar : 62.2%
2. Shaitan : 37.8%

One of Belzébar’s firsts acts in office was to forbid citizens to sell to town hall so that the town could get out of the red. Next, he established a lottery to help fund the budding colony and entertain its citizens. He explained it this way:

Quote :
I will organize a great lottery for december 31st with a lot of prizes (boats,clothes,...) but to finance prizes and to put the town out of the red,participants must pay a lottery ticket by buying products at the town hall (at minimum,for 25 pounds).
After have bought à ticket lottery,send me a private message to say me the number that you want (Look out: only 49 numeros,only 49 lotery tickets).
Lottery is optional but if you want help your city and try your luck to have good prizes,I invite you to participate at the great lottery of december 31st.
Lottery ticket costs approximately 25 pounds but it will be able to bring back to you more than 200 pounds if you gain the first prize...

Belzébar is infamous for being the leader of the rebellion that took Southampton in September. He has also been a strong advocate for removing the language restrictions in England. Now, he has taken the reigns of power for the new colony, Cantebury, legally.

The Herald was able to interview Belzébar concerning his election to this office.
Quote :

The Herald: What’s the strategy you used to win this election?
Belzébar: A good program with innovations like a cultural policy with games and competitions.

The Herald: Are you planning to run for mayor again after this term?
Belzébar: I don't know,I will say you in one month and if people is satisfied of my mandate.

The Herald: What are some of your goals for the town?
Belzébar: To transform Canterbury in a prosperous city,from an economic and cultural points of view,and amuse people.

The Herald: Are there any problems to be fixed immediately?
Belzébar: Automatic purchases put a big problem for economic budget of the city,but thanks to finances of the lottery,I manage to keep the city out in the red.

The Herald: What is your take on the market situation?
Belzébar: We need balls of wood and hides but I contacted travelling merchant to import.

The Herald: If you could change anything in Canterbury, what would it be?
Belzébar: My language ...My english is very bad.

The Herald: Does the colony of Canterbury have any immediate needs?
Belzébar: No,it 's good. I think that in a week,we will have a good economy.

The Herald: Are there any laws of Sussex which you would like to see changed? Are you planning on enforcing the laws of Sussex? If no, why not and/or which ones will you leave un-enforced.
Belzébar: I want thanks the King LongJohnSilver who authorized french language in taverns : it was my great fight for the liberty of expression for the Sussex minorities and now,I am satisfied of the Sussex laws.

Continue reading The Herald, and we will continue to keep you up to date on the latest news.

by Lorudce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baiboe
Archivist

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Herald (26/12/05)   Sat 7 Jan - 7:39

WEATHER

by Baiboe

OPINION & EDITORIAL

Letters to the Editor

The Village Idiot

A man that hides behind a language barer
A man that talks without reason
A man that always jumps to the wrong conclusion
A man that is never wrong even when he is
A man that asks many questions but doesn’t listen to the answers

I’m talking about tonyrc - he has done the town of Southampton an injustice.

My story is about two traveling French merchants that came to town to sell their goods at a reasonable and fair price, and they did until one day when TonyRC started slandering their good names. the town was making a modest profit from the two gentlemen. The Mayor was even able to help some of the farmers by raising the buying price of some of there goods, but when TonyRC sent a letter to one of the merchants asking questions and insulting them, they stopped selling their goods and told the Mayor that they felt that they were not welcome in his town and were leaving and that they would sell in another town instead. The Mayor sent his deepest apology to the gentlemen but has not heard from them yet thus far.

by TheSnowMan, Mayor of Southampton

RELIGION & CULTURE

The Saint Crispens Day Parade

This Year Winchester held the amazing Saint Cripens Day Parade. Many of citizens of Winchester took part in the parade. Music filled the air, little kids danced in the street. Everyone watched anxiously for the parade to begin. Thursday the parade begin with the annoucement from Remox.
Quote :
With a loudly applause, priest Remox starts the parade
with *His Majesty LongJohnSilver, King of England* on his side he walks across the streets, saying
HAPPY ST. CRISPEN'S DAY EVERYONE !!!
The parade was quite a show. Many lucky Winchester citizens got a glimpse of the wonder Long John Silver. After the parade many people celebrated and drank the night away.[/quote]

by DariusFarlenz

THE BLOTTER

180879naruto has been charged with slavery.

The charge description:
As stated within the laws of Sussex County and within the University the minimum wage for Sussex County is 16.00 pounds. 180879naruto, I hereby bring charges of slavery against you as you have hired a fellow citizen for only 12.00 pounds.

22/12 22:23 : 180879naruto hires Slicer_and_dicer for 12,00 pounds

You have a responsibility as a member of our community to uphold the laws of our county. You have failed in doing this therefore, you must suffer the consequences.

Dark_devil has been charged with public disorder.

The charge description:
This guy robbed lady Pastix on the road.
( 24-12-2005 04:02 )

Pastix is one of Sevenoaks' official traders.
The robber was waiting between Sevenoaks and Canterburry, new town waiting for traders, this is not an accident.

i wish that our justice will be strong and our strength will be straigth in this case of a women attack.

Miaou has been charged with public disorder.

The charge description:
Miaou, you are charged of Robbery in an organized group with Pirekelafouine. You have stolen Sir Dark_Devil on the road of Canterbury.

26-12-2005 04:05 : You are weak: some of your characteristics are decreasing.
26-12-2005 04:04 : You have been robbed by un groupe composé de Miaou et de Pirekelafouine .
26-12-2005 04:04 : You have fought with un groupe composé de Miaou et de Pirekelafouine (Fight coefficient 5), who tried to rob you. Alas, he was much too much strong for you but he just left you struck in a field in the great company of a placid cow.

Pirekelafouine has been charged with Public disorder.

The charge description:
Pirekelafouine, you are charged of Robbery in an organized group with Miaou. You have stolen Sir Dark_Devil on the road of Canterbury.

26-12-2005 04:05 : You are weak: some of your characteristics are decreasing.
26-12-2005 04:04 : You have been robbed by un groupe composé de Miaou et de Pirekelafouine .
26-12-2005 04:04 : You have fought with un groupe composé de Miaou et de Pirekelafouine (Fight coefficient 5), who tried to rob you. Alas, he was much too much strong for you but he just left you struck in a field in the great company of a placid cow.

SHORTS

Wudchuck of Lewes has acquired a wheat feild.

If YOU want YOUR name in the paper like this, please contact Whit!

ADVERTISEMENTS

Come to Caesar's Palace, a new tavern in Canterbury, you will find fine beer and meals over there!

Mayor Belzebar of Canterbury asks citizens of Canterbury:
If you go up at Level 1, I advise you to cultivate vegetables or breed sheeps.
If you go up at Level 2, I advise you to become Miller.

Thank you for reading!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Herald (26/12/05)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archives of England :: The Herald-
Jump to: