HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 New Student!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whit
Student


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: New Student!   Fri 30 Dec - 11:27

Hey folks! I finally leveled up to 3!

I chose the State Way, since the Army isn't available.

These are my curent statistics:

Master of Latin: 10%
Master of ancien Greek: 0%
Master of English Language: 20%

Basis of History : 20 %
Study of government institutions : 23 %
Principles of Law : 0 %
Communication techniques : 0 %
Tax collection mechanisms : 0 %
Trading : 0 %




Now, I've gotten some advice so far, but still am unsure what exactly to study and why to study it. What does govt institutions do? What do the rest fo them do? Does anyone see a problem when they try to find a class? I never see classes open! If they are, they are language classes, which has been told to me that should be less important to me currently.

Is there an FAQ? on these terms?


Thanks alot for the advice! Hope to see you in school! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whit
Student


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: Re: New Student!   Sun 1 Jan - 1:11

The response is overwhelming......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teignat
Rector
avatar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: Re: New Student!   Sun 1 Jan - 5:46

Whit wrote:
Hey folks! I finally leveled up to 3!

Hey Whit, congrats for your level3.


Whit wrote:

I chose the State Way, since the Army isn't available.

These are my curent statistics:

Master of Latin: 10%
Master of ancien Greek: 0%
Master of English Language: 20%

Basis of History : 20 %
Study of government institutions : 23 %
Principles of Law : 0 %
Communication techniques : 0 %
Tax collection mechanisms : 0 %
Trading : 0 %

You should post your statistics in the appropriate part of this forum, and keep them in sync with your in game profile.

the appropriate place is here :
http://sussex-university.highforum.net/forum9-State.htm
Whit wrote:

Now, I've gotten some advice so far, but still am unsure what exactly to study and why to study it. What does govt institutions do? What do the rest fo them do? Does anyone see a problem when they try to find a class? I never see classes open! If they are, they are language classes, which has been told to me that should be less important to me currently.
Is there an FAQ? on these terms?

Gov&inst is the easiest way for one to produce state points. I suggest you read what's been written by the state way students
you can also find it here
http://sussex-university.highforum.net/forum9-State.htm

As for the classes open, we can have 2 teachers per day, and each teacher can have 5 students. If you consider the bug for the past 2 days, and the general lack of response induced by the holidays, that probably explains why there was such a low activity in the university for some days now.

As the number of students located in the US in RL is increasing, I suppose I will have to open one class in the morning (my time) and another one in the evening to make sure all students have an equal access to teachers.

Whit wrote:

Thanks alot for the advice! Hope to see you in school! Smile
--

The response is overwhelming......

Pleased to see you in the Uni, as you noticed the forum is not very active for now, maybe you can help us change that fact. Also, if you feel you're not being answered quick enough, just send me a PM. I sometimes miss what's posted in the general announces of the students room for odd reasons.

apologies for taking 2 days to answer you ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whit
Student


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: Re: New Student!   Mon 2 Jan - 0:51

Well, I'm pretty frustrated so far with how this works. I have zero control over my destiny right now, so I don't even know if I'll be doing the university route anyway.


a) I took the long route to level 3 - being that I chose to raise charisma to 120 instead of intel in hopes that I could take the army route - no dice there

b) I've tried for five(?) consecutive days to join a class, still hasn't happened. So if I want to gain statistics in my abilities that I never wanted in the first place I will be forced to study by myself, making me gain the abilities at half the rate compared to my peers.

c) I'm going broke trying to study


So...... why should I be doing this again? Just for the sake of progress? I tell ya, being a blacksmith or taylor wasn't so bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teignat
Rector
avatar

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: Re: New Student!   Mon 2 Jan - 6:29

Whit wrote:
a) I took the long route to level 3 - being that I chose to raise charisma to 120 instead of intel in hopes that I could take the army route - no dice there

I think the army will require 120 in str, but I don't think it's even coded yet.

Whit wrote:

b) I've tried for five(?) consecutive days to join a class, still hasn't happened. So if I want to gain statistics in my abilities that I never wanted in the first place I will be forced to study by myself, making me gain the abilities at half the rate compared to my peers.

what is the problem? there is no one teaching something you'd like to study, or no room in the classroom? if the former, there has been a very low number of lessons given during the xmas break. it was much better before, and I think it will revert to normality in the next few days.
If the latter, I'm currently planning on openening one class at around noon GMT, and the other one at around midnight GMT, to mitigate the effects of us being all in different timezones.

Whit wrote:
c) I'm going broke trying to study

heh, that's why you don't want to learn with a teacher everyday ;) it costs 4 times more than studying alone, for learning a maximum of twice what you could learn if you were studying alone.

Whit wrote:
So...... why should I be doing this again? Just for the sake of progress? I tell ya, being a blacksmith or taylor wasn't so bad.

once you acquire some skills you can teach them (for up to 75 pounds a day) but better, you can become a civil servant and work for town halls when you're from the way of the state. think about the poor students of the church way which is partially implemented, or about the students of the way of the science which is not implemented at all ;) science and church students can only study and teach for now :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whit
Student


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: Re: New Student!   Mon 2 Jan - 14:29

teignat wrote:


what is the problem? there is no one teaching something you'd like to study, or no room in the classroom? if the former, there has been a very low number of lessons given during the xmas break. it was much better before, and I think it will revert to normality in the next few days.
If the latter, I'm currently planning on openening one class at around noon GMT, and the other one at around midnight GMT, to mitigate the effects of us being all in different timezones.



When I login there is never an opportunity for me to go to a classroom at all. Either no one is teaching, or some other reason. I don't know all the reasons, but when I go to the University link, it should be just above "Teach here" well, nothing is there.


Just looked - Angie is teaching exactly what I need..... only I already signed up to learn on my own and there aren't any open spots. I guess it's all just bad timing. Well, there is nothing I can do about now, or really any other time since when I usually login to take care of business it's about midnight my time, so like Zymurge, I'm left with nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whit
Student


Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2005-11-12

PostSubject: Re: New Student!   Mon 2 Jan - 22:19

Ohh... and Teignat - it's not you. I'm just making myself feel better by complaining about things that you or I have no control over. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Student!   

Back to top Go down
 
New Student!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Archives of England :: General Discussions-
Jump to: